Kredell has covered efforts to legalize and regulate online gambling since 2007. He reported on the legalization of sports betting in 2010 with an article for Playboy Magazine on how the NFL was pushing US money overseas by fighting the expansion of regulated sports betting.
He currently covers the legalization efforts of sports betting for new and emerging markets at a variety of Play-branded sites, including PlayNY, PlayIndiana, PlayOhio, and PlayNHOnline.
A USC journalism alum, Matt started his career as a sportswriter at the Los Angeles Daily News and has written on a variety of topics for Playboy, Men’s Journal, Los Angeles Magazine, LA Weekly and ESPN.com.
Mentions on sports betting in the US
- Spectrum News: CA Initiative to Legalize Sports Betting Could Be On Nov. Ballot
- Maryland Reporter: When Will Sports Betting Be Legal In Maryland And How Much Will The State Earn?
- The Atlantic: Gary Johnson Solicits Contributions From Poker Players
Stories written on Indiana gambling
- Indiana Sports Betting Mobile Launch Date Arrives Next Week At French Lick
- Indiana Sports Betting Starting Just In Time For Football’s First Week
- Indiana Sports Betting Is Very Close, As Legislature Sends Bill To Governor
Media mentions on Indiana sports betting
- Global Gaming Journal: Indiana legislator announces online casino gambling intent
- Action Network: Indiana Lawmakers Approve Sports Betting Bill, Governor Expected to Sign
- US Gambling Sites: Indiana Senator Working on Online Casino Legislation
Citations in academic and legal papers
- University of Cincinnati Law Review: Which Ohio Commission Should Regulate Gambling Within the State?
- CATO Institute: Anyone’s Game: Sports‐Betting Regulations after Murphy v. NCAA
- Iowa Law Review: Regulating Sports Wagering
- Kentucky Law Journal: Kentucky Must Pony Up to the 21st Century: The Path Towards Sports Betting in the Bluegrass State is Worth the Gamble