William Hill Indiana Promo Code and Sportsbook App
Note: William Hill Sportsbook has rebranded to Caesars Sportsbook and is offering new players up to a $1,100 risk-free bet on their first wager. Use the Caesars promo code LEGALCZR on sign up.
William Hill has partnered with the Tropicana Casino in Evansville, Indiana, to bring its retail sportsbook and sports betting app to the Hoosier State.
Already operating more than 100 sportsbooks in the US, William Hill has a wealth of experience and a popular betting platform.
William Hill Sportsbook provides online betting on pro and college leagues in football, basketball, baseball and hockey plus more individual and team sports. It also offers some generous bonuses and promotions to bettors at all bankroll levels.
In this review we’ll explain William Hill Sportsbook bonuses, promotions and loyalty rewards and how to download, register and navigate the William Hill betting app.
Is William Hill legal in Indiana?
Yes, William Hill Sportsbook is legal in Indiana. Sports betting as a whole launched in the Hoosier State in September 2019 thanks to House Bill 1015. Retail sportsbooks went live first, with online sportsbooks opening shortly thereafter.
William Hill operates the retail sportsbook at Tropicana Evansville, while its online sportsbook launched in late October 2020 after being authorized to do so by the Indiana Gaming Commission.
Some states prohibit betting on college teams from their state, but Indiana is not one of those states. The only restriction in place is that competitors must be at least 18 or older.
William Hill sign up bonus in Indiana
Note: William Hill Sportsbook has rebranded to Caesars Sportsbook and is offering new players up to a $1,100 risk-free bet on their first wager. Use the Caesars promo code LEGALCZR on sign up.
If you’re a new customer, you can receive a risk-free bet worth up to $1,001 when you make your first deposit at William Hill sportsbook.
The amount of your free bet is tied to your first bet. Once you’ve funded your account, head over to the bet slip and place your first bet. If the bet loses, William Hill will refund that bet up to a max value of $1,001.
To get it on the risk-free bet, be sure to use William Hill Indiana promo code LEGALRF when signing up and depositing.
William Hill Indiana Promo Code 2022
|Online Sportsbook||William Hill Sportsbook Indiana|
|William Hill Promo Code||LEGALRF|
|Sign Up Bonus||Up to $1,001 Risk-Free Bet|
|Last Verified||August 3, 2021|
How to get Free Bets on William Hill Indiana
Getting the William Hill free bet bonus is easy. Create your new account, use the William Hill promo code LEGALRF and place a bet within seven days of creating your account.
If the bet loses, William Hill Sportsbook will refund the value of that bet back as credits. The refund will show up in your account within three days and will have seven days to place a new wager. If the new bet wins, the funds are free and clear for you to use as you like or cash out.
Promotions at William Hill Sportsbook
The promos at William Hill Indiana sportsbook revolve around popular in-season sports. For example, here are some of the Will Hill promotions available for betting on the NFL:
- The First 6: Bet $10 or more on the first NFL touchdown scorer; if you win and then he scores another TD, you’ll double your cash.
- Hail Mary Parlays: Place a four-leg parlay on Saturday college football games, and receive 15% of your stake back if it loses.
- Saturday Upset Special: Place a moneyline wager on an underdog at odds of +300 or better and earn a 100% refund if your team loses by 6 points or less.
- Trifecta Sweep: Place a bet on the Monday Night Football full game spread, total and first-half betting with wagers on each of at least $20, and you’ll be awarded $50 in bonus funds.
These are a great illustration of what existing players will get at William Hill throughout the year for other sports.
Download the William Hill Sportsbook App
Once you’ve downloaded the William Hill sports app you’ll need to register before you can start making bets. This is only a two-minute process.
You’ll be asked to provide your name, last four digits of your Social Security number, email address and home address.
Backup documents are not necessary for proof of ID unless your account is flagged for a security check.
How to use the William Hill Sportsbook
While new to Indiana, hundreds of thousands of William Hill customers around the globe are very familiar with the blue, gold and white logo and interface.
The William Hill site itself is organized into three columns.
- The thinnest column on the left hosts a series of menu bars.
- The top section features a link to the in-play offerings, a search option (search a team or a player to bring up the relevant markets) and all of the current promotions.
- Below, you’ll find a direct link to all of the most popular sports available and a link to the in-play options.
In the middle of the page, you’ll find the main betting markets and odds.
The top of this section features a banner advertising the latest promotions, offers and popular bets, while the most popular markets are listed below.
As you scroll down, you’ll see a selection of markets, with the most significant upcoming games being the most prominent. Each market will feature the point spread (run line in baseball, or puck line in hockey), the moneyline and the totals (in some sports, these markets don’t always apply).
On many of the broader markets, you’ll also see a “More Bets” option, which will bring up a series of additional betting markets, including prop bets.
The right-hand column is where you’ll find the bet slip.
This column is empty at first. Click on any of the odds, and the bet slip will appear and autofill with the selection. With just one selection, you can place a straight bet, or add more into the mix to place exotic bets.
Upon scrolling down to the bottom of the page, you’ll find links to other parts of the site, including “Feedback,” “Help,” the terms of service and the house rules.
Download the William Hill app in Indiana
If you want to download the William Hill sports betting app, you must visit WilliamHill.com from an Indiana location.
The site will automatically redirect you using your IP address and offer you the app download depending on your device.
If you have an Apple device (iPhone/iPad), you can download the iOS app in the Apple App Store.
If you’re an Android user, you will find the app download at the William Hill site.
The browser version of the site works well on either your mobile device and your computer or laptop.
William Hill Sportsbook app features and benefits
The William Hill app has a lot of things to like about it, so picking out just three was a challenge, but luckily for you we were up to the task. Here’s a look at our three favorite features of the William Hill Sportsbook app.
- Collapsible sports tabs: One of the biggest factors in what makes or breaks an online sportsbook is the ease of use and functionality of its Android and Apple apps. One of the features that makes the William Hill app work so well is the ability to collapse sports and leagues when looking for specific games you want to bet on. One of the best examples of this is if you’re betting on soccer, you click on the soccer tab and you might see the UEFA Champions League first, but if that’s not what you want, you can click on the arrow and all the Champions League games disappear. Next you minimize the Europa League and then you have the English Premier League, which is what you were looking for. You can do the same across all sports and futures markets.
- All the promotions: William Hill Sportsbook has promos going seemingly all the time, which is the whole point of sports betting, right? Whether you’re an NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB or college sports bettor, William Hill is likely to have promotions for you.
- Customer service: Let’s be honest, none of us like having to deal with customer service departments. If we’re reaching out to customer support, it’s because something went wrong, which is never good. However, what is good is the help desk at William Hill Sportsbook in Indiana. Not only is it open seven days a week, but there are four ways of getting in touch with it. You can text, chat, call or email, and there also is an FAQ page to help get your problem solved. While we hope you never experience a problem at William Hill, we are confident that if you do, it will be able to get it fixed for you as soon as possible.
How could William Hill Sportsbook improve?
Listen, we already have stated that we believe William Hill is one of the better sportsbooks in the state of Indiana; however, that does not mean we think everything William Hill does is perfect. For that reason, we put together this list of three things William Hill can do to improve its Indiana sportsbook.
- More promotions for smaller bettors: In the best features section above, we wrote about how many promotions William Hill Sportsbook has, which it does, but unfortunately a lot of them are not much use to small-time players. It feels as if a majority of William Hill offers require bets of at least $50, while some of the other promos drop the wager amount to between $10-$20. Not only would we like to see more of those offers, but drop the number down even more. At the DraftKings and FanDuel sportsbooks, for example, a lot of their promotions don’t have required bet amounts. Obviously if you only wager $1, you’ll win less or get less money back if it’s a risk-free bet offer, but for some people that’s all they’re comfortable wagering.
- Add a loyalty program: It amazes us the number of sportsbooks that don’t offer loyalty or reward programs to their customers. William Hill Sportsbook has a great promo code offer for new customers, but nothing in terms of a loyalty program after that. How about adding a tiered system that rewards bettors for how much money they wager, how many days in a row they bet a certain amount of money or even for how many people they refer to the sportsbook?
- Allow the app to rotate: We’re guessing some of you out there could not care less if an app rotates. Maybe you do all your sports betting on the William Hill website or always use your iPhone/iPad or Android phone or tablet in the vertical position, but for everyone else, this complaint is for you. Not being able to use the William Hill app by turning your device sideways can be a major pain. For tablets with keyboard attachments in particular this can be a big hassle, but depending on how you like to hold your device, it can hamper you, too. We know it’s not as simple as just pressing a button to make a rotatable app, that doesn’t change the fact we still love sportsbook apps that can be viewed multiple ways.
Types of sports bets at William Hill Indiana
You’ll find all the standard bet types at William Hill’s online sportsbook in Indiana:
• Point spread
• Player props
• Team props
Individual sports will offer up a range of bet types.
For example, in football, you can wager on the first scoring play, or the total number of touchdowns in a game or which team will punt the most times.
William Hill live betting
Live betting plays a significant role at William Hill.
Clicking the “In-Play” option brings up all of the sports currently in action, each offering odds reflecting the current state of play.
Links at the top of the live betting page allow you to filter the in-play markets by sport.
Sports to bet on at William Hill Indiana
- Football: Throughout the football season, you’ll find several opportunities to bet on the NFL, bet on college football or the CFL. As well as the standard point spread, moneyline and totals, you’ll also find player props, team props, quarter-by-quarter betting and more. Futures wagers revolve around the divisional winners, conference champions, the Super Bowl winner and the college football championship.
- Baseball: The 162-game long baseball season features many betting options on every single one of those games. As well as the run line, moneyline and totals, you’ll also find additional wagers such as alternate run line, individual innings base markets and prop bets. The futures wagers focus on the divisional races, the league winners and, of course, the winner of the World Series.
- Basketball: In the basketball section, you’ll find betting opportunities on the NBA, the WNBA and college hoops. As well as those three traditional markets, you’ll also find prop bets, and period betting on all of the games and individual teams. Check our guides to betting on the Pacers and betting on the Chicago Bulls for more. The NBA Championship winners and the NCAA Championship, aka March Madness, are the most popular futures markets.
- Hockey: Hockey betting focuses mostly on the NHL, with puck line, totals and moneyline available on all games. The Stanley Cup and the conference winners are futures wagers. Hockey betting will also ramp up during international events, none more so than the Winter Olympics.
- Soccer: In the soccer section, the main focus is on the English Premier League and events such as the UEFA Champions League. MLS also appears while the betting action is at its most intense during the big international events, such as the World Cup events.
- Tennis: Tennis is one of the most popular sports for live betting. The stop-start nature of the game makes it ideal for placing wagers between points. You’ll find coverage of tours such as the ATP and WTA, while there is a real focus on the sport around the four grand slam events.
- Golf: The golf section focuses on events on the PGA Tour, the European tour, the LPGA and the seniors’ tours. The four major championships see further markets added into the mix, including a variety of prop bets.
Alongside the most popular sports listed above, there are also an array of other sports for you to wager on.
The “Auto” section carries the latest odds from NASCAR, Formula One and IndyCar, while both the boxing and MMA sections give odds on major upcoming bouts.
International sports such as Australian rules football will also appear during their respective seasons.
Indiana teams you can bet on
Getting the opportunity to bet on your favorite pro and college teams is one of the more exciting parts about sports betting being legal in Indiana. Not only is it fun to bet on the local teams, but it can be profitable, as well. Often you’re able to do the best when wagering on the teams you know the best. Our main advice is to bet with your head, not your heart. Having said that, here’s our look at the Indiana teams you can bet on at William Hill.
- Indianapolis Colts (NFL): The Colts have played in Indianapolis since the 1984 NFL season. Previously they played in Baltimore from 1953-1983. During the team’s more than 30 years in Indiana, the Colts have gone to the Super Bowl twice, winning Super Bowl XLI 29-17 against the Chicago Bears and losing to the New Orleans Saints 31-17 in Super Bowl XLIV. Quarterback Peyton Manning is arguably the greatest player in Colts history. Manning won four regular season MVP awards, was named MVP of Super Bowl XLI and won the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award in 2005. William Hill has tons of NFL bets to choose from, including live, in-game betting.
- Indiana Pacers (NBA): The Pacers began play as an American Basketball Association team in 1967. They won three ABA championships before joining the NBA in 1976. Since that time, Indiana has reached the NBA Finals just once, losing to the Los Angeles Lakers in six games in 2000. The Pacers play their home games at Bankers Life Fieldhouse and have done so since 1999.
- College football: Indiana is home to seven college football teams that you can bet on at William Hill. Four of them are in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), while the remaining three are part of the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). The FBS teams are: the Ball State Cardinals, Indiana Hoosiers, Notre Dame Fighting Irish and Purdue Boilermakers. The FCS teams are: the Butler Bulldogs, Indiana State Sycamores and Valparaiso Crusaders. The FBS games always should have odds available at William Hill, while some of the FCS games might not from time to time if the matchup isn’t deemed big enough to warrant them.
- Men’s college basketball: As for college basketball, the Hoosier State has 10 teams spread across six conferences that you can wager on at William Hill Sportsbook. In the Missouri Valley Conference you have: Indiana State, Valparaiso and the Evansville Purple Aces. In the Big Ten there are: Indiana and Purdue. The Horizon League has: IUPUI Jaguars and Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons. While there’s one team each in the ACC (Notre Dame), Big East (Butler) and MAC (Ball State). William Hill has plenty of odds available for NCAA basketball games throughout the season for all the teams listed above, and all the other teams throughout the country.
William Hill futures betting
If you are unfamiliar, futures betting has to do with wagers that involve more than just one game or one event. Some common futures markets you will see at most sportsbooks in Indiana will be for teams to win the championship or for players to be named the MVP in their league. Below we have put together a look at the futures markets William Hill has for our Indiana professional and college teams.
- Colts and the NFL: You can bet on the Colts to win the Super Bowl, the AFC or the AFC South. You can bet on any other team in the league to do the same, albeit for their respective conference and division, of course. We really like how William Hill has the NFL team futures organized; you can either go team-by-team for all the bets we mentioned or have it broken down by futures market. As for player futures at William Hill’s online sportsbook, you can bet on who will win the MVP and Offensive Rookie of the Year awards.
- Pacers and the NBA: You can wager on the Pacers to win the NBA championship or the Eastern Conference. You obviously can pick any of the other 29 NBA teams to win their conference or the NBA title, too. On the player side of things, William Hill has futures for the regular season MVP winner, and prior to the NBA draft, the sportsbook has odds for which player will be the first overall selection.
- NCAA football: William Hill has college football futures markets for the national championship winner and for the winner of seven conferences. Those conferences are the SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac 12, MAC and Mountain West. There is not a futures market for the Heisman Trophy winner, but that very easily could be added in the future.
- NCAA basketball: William Hill’s men’s college basketball futures market is a little lacking, but it still is not bad at all. The only market available is for picking the overall national champion, although William Hill does list 124 teams with odds, including Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame and Butler. If any other Indiana schools are having a good year and especially if they qualify for the Big Dance, it is likely they will have odds at that time. Other sportsbooks we’ve seen also have odds for which teams will reach the Final Four and also for winning a few of the bigger conferences.
William Hill Deposits & Withdrawl Methods
Being a fully regulated site within the state of Indiana, there is a range of deposit methods available for customers.
- Debit and Credit Cards: Debit and credit card deposits are a straightforward way of moving your money into your William Hill Sportsbook account. Fill in a form with your card details and the funds will hit your account immediately. The site can save your card info for future deposits. Enter your CVV number for card verification.
- ACH (E-checks): Transfer funds directly from your bank account to the William Hill Sportsbook with an electronic version of a paper check.
- Prepaid Card: William Hill offers a branded prepaid Play+ card, allowing you to fund it directly from their bank. You’ll then deposit the prepaid card directly to your William Hill account.
In addition, you can deposit cash at the Tropicana Casino cage in Evansville.
Withdrawing at William Hill is equally efficient. Generally speaking the means of deposit can be used as a means of cashing out. Check on the Will Hill cashier page to see all of your withdrawal options.
Customer service at William Hill Sportsbook
The “Help” section of the William Hill site offers a useful guide to all aspects of the site.
“Topics” at the top of the page include links to payments, promotions, sports rules, and terms and conditions. Clicking any of these links takes you to another page, giving you detailed info on your chosen topic. There is a list of the most asked FAQs on this page.
If you can’t find the info you need on the help page, there are three other options:
- Live Chat: Click on the live chat window, and you’ll be joined by a member of the customer services team immediately. Log in to the window with your first name, last name and email address, and you’ll be discussing your issue within moments.
- Email: If the problem is a detailed one, you might want to send the customer service team an email message. William Hill has a good reputation when it comes to customer service, so you can expect a prompt reply.
- Phone: Speak to a William Hill customer rep in real time.
All of the three customer service options listed above are available 24/7.
Responsible gaming at William Hill sports betting
A link to the “Responsible Gaming” page appears at the bottom of the home screen. The introduction to the page states the following:
“This document was created to inform customers of the perils associated with compulsive gambling and serve as a means of prevention to those who have problem gambling tendencies. Please take a moment to read through this information, as it will not only help you avoid excesses, but provide you with the means to maximize your enjoyment while gaming responsibly.”
The page goes on to list a series of warning signs that could point to problem gambling, as well as links to sites and organizations that can help.
Practical measures that could prevent problem gambling are the following:
- Deposit Limit: Set the maximum deposit limit for a selected time frame, either daily, weekly or monthly.
- Spend Limit: Set the maximum spend limit, on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Daily Time Limit: Set the maximum amount of time you can spend on the site on any given day.
- Cool Off: Take a break from your account for between three and 30 days.
In extreme cases, self-exclusion is also possible, which will see you unable to access your account for between three and 30 days.
Take advantage of the sign up bonus at William Hill Indiana
With the current competition in Indiana, many sites are all looking to grab a piece of the market share.
William Hill may be in the best place to take advantage. With a history going back to 1934, William Hill is unrivaled in terms of experience and a level of trust.
New customers will be enticed by the risk free bet up to $1,001, while promotions on the most significant sporting events will appeal to all existing customers.
With the wide-ranging sports coverage and the vast range of markets available, William Hill offers a solid choice as a sportsbook.
Where is the William Hill retail sportsbook?
The William Hill retail sportsbook is located at Tropicana Evansville at what was previously 421 Club. There are multiple TVs, a bar and restaurant.
When it comes to sports wagering, there are four betting windows where you can place bets during operating hours and four betting kiosks that are available 24 hours a day.
- Address: 421 NW Riverside Drive, Evansville IN 47708
- Phone: 855-754-1200
- Website: www.tropevansville.com/gaming/william-hill-sports-betting
- Amenities: Full-service bar, restaurant and comfortable seating.
- Hours: Betting windows open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-midnight; Saturday-Sunday 8 a.m.-midnight. Self-service betting kiosks open 24 hours.
- Opened: Sept. 12, 2019.
Is William Hill the best sportsbook in Indiana?
Sports betting still is very much in its infancy in Indiana, so proclaiming an overall No. 1 is difficult at this point, but we are comfortable in writing that William Hill is one of the better sportsbooks in the state.
William Hill has some great promotions throughout the year, but we do think it could improve them some (check out our improvement section below), and the lack of a loyalty programs hampers the sportsbook, as well.
But the William Hill app works great on iOS and Android, its customer support team is one of the best in the industry and the William Hill promo offer for new customers is top-notch.
Hopefully in the near future we will have a clear idea of which sportsbook in Indiana is the cream of the crop.