TVG Horse Racing in Indiana – $200 Sign-up Bonus
TVG Review: Bet On Horse Racing In Indiana With TVG
Fans of horse racing should be familiar with TVG.
This channel has been available since 1993. You can follow live races and see previews of future ones. And, now that sports betting is legal in Indiana, you can also place bets via telephone or the TVG website.
There is a lot more to TVG than entering the pari-mutuel pools from domestic racetracks. You’ll find international action, contests, multiples bets, and a vast stats library.
TVG is an entirely legal, regulated Indiana horse betting site that uses mainstream banking methods for deposits and withdrawals.
You’ll find everything you need to know to get off to a running start at TVG on this page.
First up is information on how to get a single-horse win wager worth up to $200.
Next, we examine the betting opportunities in detail. Then we will cover the practical information on how to set up and fund your account.
TVG horse betting: Bonus offer worth up to $200
What better way to place your first wager than with the house’s money. You’ll find that TVG’s new customer bonus is both straightforward and generous. You simply wager the bonus money, and the winnings are yours!
New players signing up for a TVG account can take advantage of a generous single-horse win wager of up to $200. Use the promo code 200TVG on your first deposit, and place your first single horse win-type bet on any race and you’ll get up to $200 back as wagering credit if your horse doesn’t win.
TVG Promo Code Indiana - February 2024
|TVG Horse Racing Indiana
|TVG Promo Code
|Sign-up Bonus Offer
|Up to $200
Promotions and special offers at TVG Indiana Racebook
You can visit the promotions page at TVG via the blue-and-white menu at the top of the website. You’ll find a mix of contests and special “saver” bets for specific races.
Contests include “Cash Keeper,” where you are given a bankroll and answer questions to see how much you get to keep.
There are also “Super 5” and “Super 8” contests. These are free to enter for TVG bettors. You pick five or eight selections at specified horse racing events and play for $5,000 prize pools. There is even a consolation prize for hitting 4:5 winners.
The “Saver” promotions include singles and multiple bets. For example, the “Pick 4 Insurance” returns your initial stake if three of the four selections win. You will also find money back for second in specific big races, which even extends to third for the biggest events.
TVG’s Wager Rewards program
As well as the contests, bonuses and one-off promos, TVG Indiana offers a rewards program based on the number of bets you place. Wager Rewards does require an opt-in; it can be done on the website or via telephone.
Once you enroll, you’ll earn points for every bet you make, regardless of the outcome. You’ll then get free bets as you reach points’ milestones.
If you bet regularly, there is no downside to the Wager Reward program, it is a small amount of cash back (in the form of a bonus bet) for every wager you make.
Creating a TVG account: Signing up at TVG racebook Indiana
Creating a TVG horse racing account is fast and easy. After downloading the TVG app, there are just a few basic steps to follow before your account is up and running!
You will need to provide TVG with your basic information, including name, address and payment type. Once the registration form has been filled out and submitted, you are then ready to make your first deposit.
Access the TVG betting site: Key website navigation
With races from 150 domestic tracks and many more international venues, setting up clean and simple navigation is key for any horse racing betting site. TVG does a great job of making navigation simple.
Across the top of its site, you’ll see the following menus from left to right:
- Horse racing: This drop-down gives you the complete race schedule, results and track information list.
- Handicapping: There are six options here, which includes the new “Handicapping Store,” free past performance data, race replays, TVG picks, the TVG blog and betting for current showcase events.
- Promotions: The first entry here is “Live Promotions,” which takes you to the screen of main offers. There is also a link to the Wager Rewards program and the refer-a-friend program.
- Support center: This link takes you to a detailed FAQ page, with options to contact TVG support on the top right.
On the right-hand side of the top menu is a link to the live TV coverage, and buttons for log-in and registration.
Find a race and place a bet at TVG Indiana
On the left-hand side of the “Full Race Schedule” page, you will see the next races to start.
If you seek the bigger showcase events like the Kentucky Derby or Belmont Stakes, you’ll need to click the “Show More” next to “Featured” in this left-hand column.
In the center part of the screen, you can toggle the view to “by time” or “by track.” After you register, you’ll be able to see your favorite tracks. You can find a list of featured tracks on the left.
Once you select a track, a very detailed screen appears. At the top is a button for each race on the schedule.
Below, is a second list of buttons that shows bet types (win, place, show and so on).
The race card, along with the odds, appears below this. Links for replays and further info about each horse are also accessible. TVG highlights the favorite with yellow (not blue) odds.
Clicking on a selection will add it to your bet slip. You will then access your bet slip separately, confirm your bet amounts, and type of wager before finally placing them.
On the top right of this main panel, you’ll find a pop-out video player, which is perfect for placing bets and then watching the race.
TVG Horse Racing app
iPhone users from Indiana will be able to download the TVG betting app directly from the App Store. Note: You will need a recent version of the iOS operating system to use this. While users in some states (Pennsylvania and New Jersey) will need to download apps with different names, the regular TVG version is available in Indiana.
Android users currently don’t have a legal betting app option. You’ll find the responsive website adjusts to your screen size and delivers access to all the features via your Android phone.
What horse races can I bet on at TVG Racing?
The quickest answer is all of them.
Just about every domestic racetrack and event from thoroughbred through to harness racing is available. While the focus is on the big events at tracks like Churchill Downs, Monmouth Park and Saratoga Race Course, races from all across the country are available.
When the big events roll around, there are promotions and special bets available. The bread and butter of TVG are the smaller races that occur all year round.
If the domestic calendar isn’t packed enough, there are several international races available for betting. Countries include the UK, Ireland and South Africa.
What kind of bets can I place at TVG?
Indiana residents don’t have bet type restrictions, which means you’ll have access to the full range of singles, multiples and parlay bets. If you are betting on domestic races, these will be tied to the pari-mutuel pools at the tracks.
Here is a rundown of the most common bets:
- Win: This is the easiest bet for horse racing fans; you back a selection to win the race.
- Place: If your selection finishes either first or second, you’ll get paid.
- Show: This extends the place bet by one more spot, but your horse must finish in the top three.
- Exacta: Here, you choose two horses to finish first and second in that order.
- Quinella: This variation of the exacta gives you flexibility. Your horses can now finish first or second in any order.
- Trifecta: Add a third horse and back them to finish in the correct order of first, second and third.
- Superfecta: A huge payout is possible with this bet. You’ll need to select the horses to finish first, second, third and fourth, in the correct order.
- Pick bets: These parlay bets can range from three races (often consecutive) through to eight. Some of them have pools roll over if they are not won. If picks at a specific racetrack don’t win for several days, those amounts can get huge.
- Daily double: You’ll find featured races are often paired into a special double feature.
- Props/specials: Examples here include betting on the Triple Crown.
There are no other sporting events available for Indiana residents at TVG.
Greyhound racing is the only alternative to the horse racing and it’s available in a small number of states.
Results and past performance stats: Choose a horse
To choose a name you like and hope to get lucky is never a good way to bet in the long run profitably. TVG offers a suite of tools, some free and others paid, to help you choose the right horses.
Past performance database: This is the premier horse racing data set. It includes every statistic you need on every horse, including weights, speeds and winning times. You can buy past performance data for any race; however, a significant advantage of betting with TVG is that you get a refund on the price of past performance data as long as you bet $10 on that race.
Stats race day lens pass: This service works in partnership with Equibase, the “official” stats database of the thoroughbred industry. As well as stats, this service uses predictive algorithms. They won’t always pick the results right, though this information certainly gives paying customers valuable insights.
If you don’t want to pay for a service, TVG also has a detailed results database, which allows you to dig into the history of your selections in detail.
Practical information: Fund your TVG betting account
Bettors in Indiana can choose from several easy options to fund their account. A big advantage of betting at a legal race book (rather than a shady offshore outfit) is that you don’t need to risk sending money with no recourse.
Here is are the current banking options for Indiana bettors:
- Credit or debit cards: You can use your regular bank cards the same way you’d make an online purchase. Almost all banks will allow these transactions, though if you do find this, declined prepaid cards are an easy alternative.
- TVG prepaid card: While you’ll need to apply for this separately to your TVG site registration, it does make a convenient alternative to using your old card. You can fund your TVG card from your bank, then use it for deposits, withdrawals or simply spend the balance on it.
- PayPal: This electronic wallet is well known for having solid buyer protection. While small fees are involved, the extra security, plus not having betting transactions on your bank statement, make up for this in the eyes of many bettors.
- Bank transfer: You can use bill pay to deposit at TVG. Funding bets are made the same way as paying your electricity bill. There is also an alternative banking option called “Bet Pay,” which you’ll need pre-approval (via a form on the TVG website) to use this ACH transfer service.
- Wire transfer: This deposit method is not suitable for smaller deposits as there is a $15 charge for wires less than $1,000. If you want a secure way to send more significant amounts, then this is a trusted option.
- PayNearMe: For cash deposits, you can use the cashier at your local 7-Eleven convenience store. You need to print a barcode from your TVG account first.
- Cash at tracks: A limited number of racetracks allow payments to your TVG account. You’ll need to contact the support team at TVG for the current list.
- Money orders or cashier’s checks: Not the fastest way of getting money on board, though if you prefer traditional payment methods, then both cashier’s checks and money orders are accepted.
A final note on payment options is that you should expect an ID verification. There are two reasons “know your customer” controls are in place.
First, this protects minors from gambling.
Second, it keeps the sites free from money laundering and fraud. Without this kind of protection, regular bettors would not be able to enjoy online services like TVG.
To keep things smooth and fast, you can prepare ID documents and proof of ownership for your cards or e-wallet accounts.
Help and customer service at TVG
TVG has one of the most comprehensive help and FAQ sections of any online gambling site.
You can reach this via the “Support Section” link at the top of the homepage. The support area is divided into six broad topics, with additional help for the Watch TVG app and 4NJBets. Here are the help sections:
- Wagering: How to place a bet, what kind of bets are available, plus rules and cancellation options.
- Managing your account: How to update information in your account, which includes W2-G and tax information.
- Customer resources: Responsible gaming, support contacts and information about the owners (FanDuel Group / Betfair) is available here.
- Funding: How you can deposit and withdraw money.
- Promotions and contests: This includes the Wager Reward program, current bonuses and one-off promotions and specials.
- Technical help: All you need to access the website, app and to get around the different sections.
If you can’t find what you are looking for in this detailed resource area, you can get in touch with TVG in three ways:
- Live chat: This brings up a dialogue box and connects you with an agent directly from the website.
- Email: The email link at the top of the help page takes you to a web form, you can send files along with your email, too. Alternatively, the regular email address is [email protected].
- Telephone: 1-888-752-9884 (PLAY-TVG)
Wrapping up: Is TVG the best horse racing site for Indiana bettors?
Two things stand out with TVG.
First, its TV service gives you a lot of action to watch while you are betting. That includes live streams of many races.
Second, the free past performance information (as long as you bet $10 on the race), can give you a betting edge.
With 150+ racetracks covered, international action and lots of options for the biggest races, there is certainly no shortage of betting opportunities.
Add to this a long list of promotions, which includes bonus bets to start you off with and you have a trustworthy betting site that is 100% legal in Indiana.