Soccer Betting Odds
Soccer isn’t as popular in the US as it is in the rest of the world, but it is unquestionably picking up fans and supporters by the minute. There are hundreds of thousands of expats from soccer-mad countries now living in the US. There’s also an expanding North American pro league called Major League Soccer gaining more and more homegrown fans every year.
Add in streaming access to virtually any European or international pro league, including the English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, or the Bundesliga, and there’s a soccer (football) game you can bet on virtually around the clock. And don’t forget the World Cup with the US Men’s and Women’s National teams.
Now that legal sports betting has launched in Indiana, you can bet on this continuous soccer action 24/7 right from your laptop or phone.
Want to get in on it? Below is your complete guide to betting on soccer in Indiana, including live EPL and MLS odds, a breakdown of the basic soccer bet types, soccer betting tips, and more.
Best soccer betting apps in Indiana
How to bet on soccer games in Indiana
If you want to bet on soccer in Indiana you need to be at least 21 and inside state lines. As long as you are, just follow these three simple steps:
1. Open a new account
Go to the website for any Indiana online and mobile sportsbook through the links above. Then, download the mobile app and open a new account via the app. You can also do it directly through the website. Some personal information will be required, including your name, address, phone number, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
If you’re asked to enter a promo code or bonus code, find it here on PlayIndiana.com, and enter the code while opening a new account to make sure you claim the best bonus you can.
2. Add funds
You can get funds into your Indiana online and mobile sportsbook account through the app or on the website. Either way, just choose from the variety of different deposit methods available, plug in how much you want to add, and follow the instructions on the screen.
Deposit methods generally include major credit and debit cards, online bank transfer services, and internet payment processors. You can also add cash to your account through payment services like PayNearMe at CVS and 7-Eleven locations.
You bet on soccer the same way you bet on any sport.
Just browse through the lines and click on a bet you like. A bet slip will be created where you can enter the amount you want to bet, view the potential payout, and place your bet. You’re also free to add more bets to the slip. Plus, you can put the bets together into a parlay or leave them as individual bets on that same slip.
Live odds for English Premier League & MLS
The most popular soccer betting markets in Indiana revolve around Major League Soccer and the English Premier League. Here’s a look at current game odds for both leagues at the top Indiana sportsbooks. Use the drop-down menu to switch between leagues. Then, click on any odds to go right to the online sportsbook, claim your bonus bets or bonus, and get your bet down.
Bet on Premier League in Indiana
The English Premier League (EPL) is the top-tier of pro soccer in England and arguably the world. The league consists of 20 teams, including the top 17 from the previous season and three other teams promoted from the second-division English Football League Championship. Of course, that also means the bottom three teams from the previous EPL season are relegated to the Championship.
Each EPL team plays 38 league matches over a complete season, matching up against every other team at home and away. EPL clubs also play in the FA Cup and Carabao Cup tournaments throughout the season. The FA Cup features teams from ten divisions of English football while the Carabao Cup is from the top four.
The top-four teams from the previous season’s EPL standings also play in the UEFA Champions League, the highest level international club team competition in Europe. Winners of the previous season’s FA Cup and Carabao Cup, and the EPL’s fifth-place club, also play in the Europa League, the next-highest level International club team competition in Europe.
The 2019-20 season began in August 2019. It was scheduled to play through June 1, 2020, but suspended due to the global COVID-19 pandemic with 92 games left to play.
Play resumed in mid- to late-June without fans in attendance at games. Liverpool claimed the EPL title with seven games still to play.
Bournemouth, Watford, and Norwich City were relegated. Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, and Chelsea qualified for the Champions League. Arsenal (FA Cup), Leicester City, and Tottenham Hotspur qualified for the Europa League.
Leeds United, West Bromwich Albion F.C., and Fulham F.C. were promoted from the EFL Championship.
Bet on MLS in Indiana
Major League Soccer (MLS) is the top-tier of pro soccer in North America. The league includes 26 teams in two 13-team conferences. Although, it is expanding to Austin, Texas for the 2021 season and will then include 27 teams.
Each MLS club typically plays 34 games throughout a regular season from late February through mid-October. The top-18 teams then compete in the postseason MLS Cup Playoffs single-elimination tournament in late October and November. It ends with the MLS Cup, the league’s championship game.
The 2020 MLS season began on Feb. 29, 2020, but teams played just two games before it was suspended due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
The MLS returned with the MLS is Back Tournament in July 2020 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Walt Disney World without fans in attendance. The Portland Timbers won the tournament and a truncated regular season resumed a day later with limited or no fans in attendance at games.
The Major League Soccer season is expected to begin in April for 2021.
There is no MLS team in Indiana.
Indianapolis does have the Indy Eleven, who moved from the North American Soccer League to the United Soccer League in 2018. In 2017, the Indy Eleven announced plans to join the MLS as an expansion team, but they were passed over by the league.
The team has stated it is planning to bid in the next MLS expansion despite being passed over again in 2019. The club is also planning to build a new stadium to house the team, which currently plays at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Bet on Bundesliga/Serie A/La Liga/Ligue 1
You can also bet on the top-tier European pro soccer leagues at Indiana online and mobile sportsbooks. This includes:
- La Liga: Spain’s top-level pro soccer league. The 2019-20 La Liga season started in August 2019 and was suspended on March 12, 2020. Play resumed in June and mid-July. Real Madrid won the league with one game left to play. The 2020-21 La Liga season started in September 2020 and is scheduled to end on May 23, 2021.
- Serie A: Italy’s top-level pro soccer league. The 2019-20 Serie A season started in August 2019 and was suspended on March 9, 2020. Play resumed in June and Juventus won the league. The 2020-21 Serie A season started in September 2020 and is scheduled to run through May 23, 2021.
- Bundesliga: Germany’s top-level pro soccer league. The 2019-20 Bundesliga season started in August 2019 and was suspended on March 13, 2020. Play resumed behind closed doors in May 2020 and concluded in late June with Bayern Munich winning the league. The 2020-21 Bundesliga season started in September 2020 and is scheduled to run through May 22, 2021.
- Ligue 1: France’s top-level pro soccer league. The 2019-20 Ligue 1 season started in August 2019 and was suspended on March 13, 2020. In April 2020, Ligue 1 canceled the season and awarded the Paris Saint-Germain champion. The 2020-21 Ligue 1 season started in August 2020 and is scheduled to run through May 23, 2021.
Bet on World Cup/Euros/Olympics
You can also bet on major international soccer competitions at Indiana online and mobile sportsbooks. This includes:
The 2020 UEFA European Championship (Euro 2020) has been scheduled for 2021. It will now run from June 11, 2021, to July 11, 2021, across 12 European countries, featuring the top-24 European national teams. The UEFA European Championship is held every four years.
World Cup 2022
The 2022 FIFA World Cup has been scheduled for late November and December 2022 in Qatar. As always, the World Cup will include the top-32 national teams in the world, including a team from the home nation. This time around, the World Cup will be held over 28 days with the final set for Dec. 18, 2022.
The World Cup includes a group stage with the top-two teams from each group advancing to the knockout stage with a single-elimination tournament for the World Cup title.
World Cup qualification is ongoing.
The 2020 Tokyo Olympics will include both a 16-team men’s and 12-team women’s tournament running July 21, 2021, to Aug. 7, 2021.
The US Men’s National Soccer team did not qualify for the 2020 Olympics, but could still qualify for the 2022 World Cup. The team has appeared in ten World Cups and is likely around +10000 to win the 2022 World Cup in the futures markets at Indiana sportsbooks.
You won’t find those kinds of soccer odds on the United States Women’s National Soccer Team. They are perennial favorites having won four Women’s World Cups, eight CONCACAF Gold Cups, and four Olympic gold medals.
The USWNT qualified for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics by winning the 2020 CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Qualifying tournament.
How does soccer betting work?
Single-game wagering involves three-way wagering for most soccer matches. That means you can bet on any one of three outcomes: Home win, away win, or tie.
There are typically moneyline, spread, and totals markets available. Plus:
- Double Chance: Bets on two of the three possible outcomes at reduced odds, like the home team win and tie, or the away team win and tie.
- Cards: An over/under bet on the total number of red and yellow disciplinary cards handed out.
- Corners: An Over/under bet on the total number of corners for each team or both combined.
- PK: A spread bet that the game will end in a draw.
- GG/NG: Bets that both of the teams will score (GG) or that one or both of the teams will not score (NG).
- 1×2: Another listing for three-way betting, which means you can bet on any one of three outcomes: Home win, away win, or draw.
- Live: Live betting on basic soccer lines and advanced props during a game at odds that change with the action on the pitch.
How to find soccer lines
Finding the soccer lines at your favorite Indiana online and mobile sportsbook should be easy. There will be a “Soccer” tab you can click on that will show you all the available soccer betting markets.
There, you’ll find the odds for live and upcoming games. Plus, most Indiana online and mobile sportsbooks will also list game odds under popular league or country tabs. There will almost always be a ton of soccer betting markets to browse through and bet on all year long.
3 top soccer betting tips
Here are three basic soccer betting tips you can use to help you get started:
- Read all about it: Good quality research is the key to success in any betting market. Read all the soccer news you can to help you turn guesses into educated guesses and informed picks.
- Find a grind: Don’t try to be an expert in every soccer league around the world. Instead, focus on one, learn everything you can about its teams and players and bet exclusively on this league. Wait to expand to other soccer leagues once you’re winning.
- Shop lines: Sign up for more than one Indiana online and mobile sportsbook and when you’re thinking about placing a bet on a soccer match. Check out the lines everywhere you can. Finding better odds on your bets will put money in your pocket over the long haul.
Why bet on soccer over other sports
There are a few solid reasons why the popularity of soccer betting is on the rise. The first is that there’s just so much to bet on.
From the MLS to the EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga, you can bet on soccer matches from all over the world right here in Indiana. Plus, there are international events like the World Cup and the Olympics too.
Soccer betting is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year pursuit. With so many leagues around the world running on different schedules in different time zones, soccer is year-round and around the clock sport. That means the betting action rarely ends.
Finally, there’s the hope you may find an edge on oddsmakers that simply don’t exist in other major sports. It’s hard to beat the books betting the NFL, NBA, and MLB, where oddsmakers are the real experts.
There’s more of a chance those oddsmakers will make a mistake setting soccer betting lines than lines in major US sports. Those mistakes equal money for anyone that follows the sport closely enough, does their homework, and shops soccer lines.