Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
Docked at Indiana Harbor on Lake Michigan, Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago is a popular riverboat casino in Indiana. It was officially opened in 1997 and has gone by several names since including Showboat Mardi Gras Casino, Harrah’s East Chicago and Resorts East Chicago.
The 56,000-square-foot gambling space features about 1,300 slot machines and more than 40 table games. There is also a 15-story hotel with 288 rooms and plenty of other amenities plus a sports bar and multiple restaurants. What makes this property distinct is its baccarat-oriented offer, as it has an entire floor dedicated just to the popular card game. The property is also home to a Barstool Sportsbook.
Read on for everything you need to know about Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago.
Ameristar Casino East Chicago details
- Address: 777 Aldis Avenue, East Chicago, IN, 46312
- Phone: (219) 378-3000
- Operator: Penn National Gaming (owned by Gaming and Leisure Properties)
- Hours: 24 hours a day
- Casino games: slots, table games, video poker
- Sportsbook: Yes
- Poker: No
of Gold Coins for $10
Ameristar East Chicago online gambling partnerships
Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago’s operator, Penn National Gaming, also runs its Barstool Sportsbook. However, PNG has partnerships with other industry leaders in the online sports betting sphere, including DraftKings Sportsbook for whom Ameristar serves as land-based licensing partner in Indiana.
Ameristar Online Casino
The state may have legalized online and mobile sports betting, but online casinos in Indiana are still not allowed. However, Ameristar East Chicago offers an online social casino called MyChoice Casino (stylized as mychoice casino).
In other words, you can play popular games and online slots in IN for fun and unlock features, badges and more. The casino is part of the mychoice Rewards Program, a loyalty program that includes 35+ Penn National Gaming properties.
The casino at Ameristar East Chicago
Ameristar East Chicago features a 56,000-square-foot casino.
It offers approximately 1,300 slot machines and 43 table games (at last check). The most prominent feature of the casino is its 21-table baccarat room, which occupies an entire property floor. The casino also offers several high-stakes tables that high-rolling players will find exciting.
When it comes to promotions, Ameristar East Chicago often offers cash drawings, including its $45,000 Jackpot Winner Drawing. Taxable jackpot winners will have an opportunity to receive $3,000 in free slot play. One entry per jackpot is allowed.
Slot machines at Ameristar East Chicago
Denominations for slots at Ameristar Casino East Chicago range from $0.01 to $100, and there are approximately 100 titles to try. The property lists the following casino slots as the most popular:
- 88 Fortunes
- Dragon Link
- Lightning Link
- Wonder 4 Tower
- Buffalo Gold
Table games at Ameristar East Chicago
The table game section currently features the following popular games:
- Baccarat (Dragon Bonus side bet available)
- EZ Baccarat (Dragon 7 and Panda 8 side bets available)
- Blackjack (including 21+3 and Top 3)
- Roulette (including 21+3)
- Mississippi Stud
- EZ Pai Gow (two tables available, both commission-free)
- Three Card Poker (6-Card Bonus side bet available)
- Blazing 7s Blackjack Progressive
- Craps (Sharp Shooter and Bonus Craps side bets available)
- Craps No More
The table games section features several dedicated tables with high limits, offering additional excitement for those ready to roll high.
The upper betting limit on some baccarat tables is $25,000, and there are select tables for blackjack, craps, roulette and EZ Pai Gow that allow betting up to $10,000. If you’re interested in high-stakes games, you should contact the table games team at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago.
The casino also features a stadium gambling area, which is marketed as the largest one in Chicago. It features $5 blackjack, roulette and baccarat, as well as $3 craps.
The area features 34 play stations, all of them interconnected and featuring touch-screen displays. All games are live, video or fully automated titles, and you can choose whether to bet on just one table game or several at once.
Some of the featured table games in the area are:
- Live multi-hand blackjack with side bets
- Live baccarat with side bets
- Automated craps
- Automated roulette with a side bet
- Video multi-hand blackjack with side bets
- Video baccarat with side bets
- Video poker (bar-top only)
The Baccarat Room
As previously stated, there’s a dedicated baccarat room located on the fourth floor of the casino. There are 22 games available, with 21 baccarat tables and one pai gow tiles table.
The minimum bet is $10, and the maximum is $25,000. There are 16 baccarat tables that feature a Dragon Bonus, a side bet that can reward lucky players with prizes. Moreover, the room includes five EZ Baccarat tables. This is an entertaining variant of baccarat where no commission is charged. It also allows two exciting side bets, Dragon 7 and Panda 8.
After 30 minutes of rated play in the Baccarat Room, customers will receive a comp to enjoy the two nearby amenities, a noodle bar and a smoothie bar.
Mychoice loyalty rewards
Ameristar Casino in East Chicago is part of the Penn National Gaming’s rewards program dubbed mychoice. This program is available in almost all casinos and resorts owned by Penn and comes with a tiered system, with each tier offering better benefits to the people who decide to enroll.
First of all, the program comes with two types of points — tier points and comp points. Tier points allow you to progress through tiers and get better rewards. They apply to all of Penn’s properties. On the other hand, you can redeem comp points for various rewards.
You can earn tier points when you play casino games, dine, shop or simply stay in hotels at Penn’s properties. Here’s a short breakdown of how to receive tier points:
- Slot machines — 1 TP for every $5 of coin-in.
- Video poker — 1 TP for every $10 of coin-in.
- Electronic table games — 1 TP for every $40 of coin-in.
- Table games — Differs depending on the type of game, its length and the average bet.
- Horse racing — 1 TP for every $10 bet.
- HollywoodCasino.com real money gambling — 1 TP for every $12 on slots, $25 on tables or $60 on video poker.
- Mychoice casino Play for Fun — 2 TPs for every $1 of purchased credits.
- Sports betting — 1 TP for every $10 on straight bets, $10 on future bets or $5 on parlays.
- Food and beverage — 1 TP for every $5 of food and beverage purchases.
- Retail – 1 TP for every $5 of purchases.
The tiered loyalty structure looks like this:
- Choice — 0 to 999 TP
- Advantage — 1,000 to 17,999 TP
- Preferred — 18,000 to 49,999 TP
- Elite — 50,000 to 199,999 TP
- The Owners Club — 200,000+ TP
Comp points only apply to casinos that are part of the mychoice rewards program. Here’s how you can earn them:
- Slot machines — Varying number of CPs, depending on the type of game, session length and denomination.
- Mychoice casino — Once you’ve linked your accounts, you’ll be able to earn comp points for every mychoice casino purchase.
- Video poker — Varying number of CPs based on game type, denomination and length of play.
- Table games — Also depends on average bet, length and game type.
- Food and beverage — Present your mychoice card when purchasing to earn points.
- Retail — Present your mychoice card when purchasing to earn points.
You can spend your CPs (also called mycash) at any property that’s part of the rewards program, including Ameristar East Chicago. Here’s how you can redeem your mycash for prizes.
- Hotel — 1 mycash = $2 hotel credit.
- Food and beverage — 1 mycash = $2 dining credit.
- Mychoice Mall — 1 mycash = 2 mychoice mall credits.
- Retail — 1 mycash = $2 retail credits.
- Free slot play — 1 mycash = $1 free slot play.
- Table games — 1 mycash = $1 table play.
Barstool Sportsbook at Ameristar Casino East Chicago
The Barstool Sportsbook is located inside Ameristar’s Pavilion, near the Stadium Sports Bar. It means bettors can order a drink or grab a bite when they’re taking a break from sports wagering.
The area is equipped with multiple sports betting terminals and several HDTVs broadcasting active games. Moreover, there are 23 wagering kiosks throughout the property.
The sportsbook at Ameristar East Chicago is open from 10 a.m. to either 10 or 11 p.m. Monday through Friday. On the weekends it opens at 8 a.m. and closes at midnight (Sat.) or 11 p.m. (Sun.). However, betting kiosks are available 24 hours a day.
The following sports are available for betting:
You can bet on professional and college sports and bettors can select from an array of sports betting markets, including moneyline bets, futures, prop bets, spread bets, parlays and totals.
Online and mobile sportsbook
Those placing wagers at the Barstool Sportsbook can use the casino’s Bet Builder app to enter their selections and bets. Once they make a bet slip, they’ll receive a QR code, which they have to show to a sportsbook teller to receive a valid ticket.
As noted above, DraftKings Sportsbook Indiana partners with Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago as well.
Ameristar Casino poker room
Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago doesn’t feature a dedicated poker room, meaning there are no poker options available except several casino poker games and video poker.
Amenities at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
Hotel at Ameristar Casino
The hotel offers 288 rooms, including deluxe king rooms, double queen rooms and standard guest rooms.
It’s a full-service luxury hotel that features an array of amenities, including free parking, a 24-hour fitness center, conference facilities, high-speed internet, a bar/lounge, restaurants, a banquet room and a business center.
Ameristar East Chicago is a four-star hotel. Features you’ll find available include air conditioning, refrigerator, bath/shower, safe, desk, room service, flat screen TV, telephone, iron, hair dryer, wake-up service, complimentary toiletries and VIP room facilities.
There are six dining options at Ameristar East Chicago:
- Heritage Buffet — Standard buffet dining with specials such as prime rib and shrimp dinner, crab leg buffet and Forever Young, which is a special promotion for the guests over 50.
- Stadium Sports Bar & Grill — 30 flat screen TVs and plenty of grill options, including build-your-own $11.99 burgers and pizza.
- Bugatti’s Steak and Pasta — Serving cut steaks and seafood selections, Bugatti’s is a sophisticated fine-dining venue focusing on American-Italian cuisine .
- Burger Brothers — Classic American menu featuring hamburgers, sandwiches and similar.
- Noodle Bar — The Asian specialties bar, focusing on Pacific Rim dishes such as dim sum and congee, with the make-your-own-dish feature also available.
- Club 38 — A VIP club with complimentary food and drinks reserved for the Owners Club, Elite and Preferred members.
- Bally’s Evansville Casino
- Belterra Casino Resort & Spa
- Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
- Caesars Southern Indiana
- Four Winds South Bend
- French Lick Resort Casino
- Hard Rock Casino Northern Indiana
- Harrah’s Hoosier Park Racing & Casino
- Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg
- Horseshoe Hammond Casino
- Horseshoe Indianapolis
- Rising Star Casino Resort
Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago history
Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago started operating on April 18, 1997, as the Showboat Mardi Gras Casino. However, it changed its name to Harrah’s East Chicago approximately a year after, when Harrah’s Entertainment purchased Showboat Inc.
Not long after that, Resorts International Holdings bought the property, changing its name to Resorts East Chicago and its address to 777 Resort Blvd. (the street was renamed and the number assigned exclusively for the property).
In 2007, Resorts East Chicago was bought by Ameristar Casinos and changed its name to Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago.
Pinnacle Entertainment acquired Ameristar Casinos in 2013 and then sold the property to Gaming and Leisure Properties, the current Ameristar East Chicago owner. However, Gaming and Leisure Properties has decided to lease Ameristar East Chicago back to Pinnacle (along with many other real estate assets).
Penn National Gaming began the acquisition of Pinnacle in 2018 and acquired Ameristar East Chicago’s operations, becoming the official operating license holder.
Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago FAQ
What is the minimum age to gamble at Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago?
Patrons must be at least 21 years old to gamble at Ameristar Casino East Chicago, as dictated by Indiana gambling law. Guests in the Hotel at Ameristar Casino must also be at least 21.
Can I play real money online casino games on the Ameristar Casino app?
Not at present, although stay tuned as Indiana may legalize real money online casinos soon. Currently Ameristar invites guests to play casino games on the mychoice casino app, a social casino that does not use real money but which does enable players to earn mychoice loyalty rewards for their play. Indiana residents can also play online casino games on other social and sweepstakes apps.
How far from Chicago is Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago?
The Ameristar Casino in East Chicago is just a half-hour drive away from Chicago. There are three other Indiana casinos in the northwest corner of the state, all in relatively close proximity to Chicago: Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa (Michigan City), Hard Rock Casino Northern Indiana (Gary) and Horseshoe Hammond (Hammond).